Terms & Conditions
Last updated on 27 June 2017
Resolution Circle is an Idea-to-BarcodeTM technology commericalisation ecosystem- specialising in technology start-up businesses. The company was established in 2012, and is owned by the University of Johannesburg. Providing end-to-end product development services include (Professional Engineering Consulting, Design, Prototyping, R & D, Small Scale Manufacturing, Incubation, Professional Training, Skills Training, Marketing, Funding, Hosting and Catering etc.).
USE OF SITE
Users may ONLY utilize this site to browse the content and make legitimate purchases. Users however shall NOT use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided therein may neither be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. ‘Deep-linking’, ’embedding’ or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non- infringement. The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents. The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility. The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavors to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
All the information gathered in the online forums on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
PRODUCT RETURNS POLICY
1. NON –DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
1.1. COOLING OFF RIGHTS
You will be entitled to cancel the purchase of training courses, unless specified differently in any agreement, quotation or term sheet related to your order, via this website within seven days from placement of order or payment and will not within seven days from the start of any such course with the latter taking precedence in any case of overlap, and you will be entitled to a full refund on the purchase price of such service. The cancelation of any other orders or orders with a non-training nature cannot be cancelled via this website. In the event where you wish to cancel any non-training order, such cancelation will have to be in line with your related agreement with Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd or must be agreed upon by your Resolution Circle representative.
*Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd specializes in unique solutions to our clients and therefore cannot provide cancellations on other products and services without special provisions and mutual agreement.
1.2. COURSES TO WHICH COOLING-OFF RIGHTS APPLY
The rights to cancel as set out above will only apply to the following services:
- Max Solar Courses;
- SAPVIA Courses;
- Optic Fibre Training;
1.3 Cancellation policy or replace ‘cooling off period’ i.e. 1.1
- 30 days before training course, 100% refund
- 14 days before training course, 50% refund
- 7 days before training course, 25% refund
- < 7 days before training course, no refund
2. DAMAGED PRODUCTS
Every precaution will be taken to ensure that the products that you have purchased will be delivered to you in a perfect condition. If a product is visibly damaged you should refuse to accept delivery of the product. If you ascertain that a product is damaged after delivery, then you report such damage within 48 hours after receipt of the damaged product. If you fail to report receipt of a damaged item within the time period set out, it will be reasonable for ADI to determine that the product was damaged post-delivery. All product returns must be effected in accordance with the product return procedures as set out below.
3. DEVECTIVE PRODUCTS
All products sold on this website carry a manufacturer’s warranty against manufacturing defects. If a product is defective, you must arrange for the return of the defective product to ADI for inspection, in accordance with the product return procedures as set out below. If after inspection the product is found to be defective, ADI will, replace or repair the defective product at no charge. ADI will be entitled within its absolute discretion to either repair or replace the defective product. Should a product be found not to be defective then you will be liable for the costs of return of the product to ADI and the costs of re-delivering the product back to you.
A product is defective when materials applied in the manufacturing process are defective (product is not reasonably durable with due regard being had to intended use), workmanship in the manufacturing process is defective or the product is unfit for its intended use. A product is not defective on account of:
- The product being damaged on account of use thereof for purposes for which it was not intended;
- The product not being maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s directions for maintenance (including service by unauthorised technicians);
- The product not being utilised in accordance with the manufacturer’s directions for use;
- Incorrect product assembly or configuration;
- Faults arising from product abuse;
- Faults arising from normal wear and tear;
- Incorrect sizing at time of order;
- Faults arising from impacts, mishandling or tampering;
- Saline corrosion due to improper care and maintenance;
- Battery corrosion in the case of dive camera, torches, strobes and lighting equipment;
- Flooding (moisture damage) of cameras, torches, strobes, lighting equipment, dive computers due to failure to follow manufacturer’s guidelines, and
- Software and hardware incompatibilities.
4. PRODUCT RETURN PROCEDURES
In the event that you want to return a product you have purchased from ADI for any reason permitted in terms of our refund policy, you must in every instance notify ADI of your intention to return the product and advise us for the reason for such return by contacting us either:
- On email at: firstname.lastname@example.org/resolutioncircle
- Our offices at: +27 10 020 3300
- Once you have notified ADI of your intended return of a product, ADI will issue you with an IRAN (“Intended Returns Authorisation Number (“IRA Number”) and issue you with instructions to arrange for the return of the product to ADI, the costs of returning the product to ADI will in all instances will be for your account and must be paid by you in order to secure the return of the products to ADI, and you must ensure that the product to be returned to ADI is packed so as to comply with the following:
- The product is properly protected and packed in accordance with ADI’s directives;
- Other than in circumstances where the product is being returned due to the product being defective, the product must be unused, still be in its original packaging without any packaging seals being broken, together with all accessories, instructions and warranty claim documents, and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (the product and its packaging must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of cameras and dive computers, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed);
- The IRA Number is accurately reflected.
ADI will not accept delivery or return of any products which do not comply with the process and requirements set out above and which are not accompanies by a valid IRA Number. Products returned without following due requirements, process and not recording a valid IRA Number will not have been validly returned and will be sent back to you at your expense.
Please note that failure to treat any products in your possession with reasonable and due care whilst in your possession may lead to ADI holding you liable for damage that you may cause to such product, including the packaging thereof.
Should you be entitled to a refund, in the circumstances set out above, such refund shall:
- Where payment was made by credit card, be effected on the credit card against which payment was debited, and
- Where payment was made by way of an EFT, by way of payment of funds into the bank account from which funds were transferred to ADI, in such instance, ADI is irrevocably authorised to pay funds to third parties on your behalf provided that such funds are paid into the bank accounts from which ADII received payment.
Kindly note that ADI will only authorise refunds within seven days from the date of receipt of the products, all authorised refunds will be subject to processing by banking institutions and the actual date of refunds will be dependent on the efficacy of banking institutions.
DISCLOSURE OF OUTLET COUNTRY AT TIME OF PAYMENT
Example: (indicate your bank with logo)
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND PRICING
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR).
Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd endeavours to offer you competitive prices on current products; your total order price will include the price of the purchase plus any applicable sales tax and shipping charges (on the day of shipping).
Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
Should Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd reduce its price on any shipped products within 10 working days of shipment, you may contact us and request a refund of the difference between the price you were charged and the reduced selling price. To receive the refund, you must contact us within 14 days of shipment.
We accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards. If you do not have a credit card please utilise one of the other payment options, or simply log off and return to the site at a later time to complete your order. All of your order details will be saved online under in the Your Account section available for use whenever you’re ready! Sorry for the inconvenience.
EFT (ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER)
One of the most widely used ways of sending money online. Once you have added enough items to your shopping cart, proceed to “Checkout” and follow the order processing instructions. Select the option to pay via EFT. You will then have to load Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd as a beneficiary on your internet banking and use the unique order number in the reference line for your payment. This should ensure speedy processing and delivery of your selected products.
Name of Account: Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd
Bank: Nedbank South Africa
Branch Code: 198765
Account No: 1028939809
Swift Code: NEDSZAJ
Account Type : Cheque
You may pay for your products through a direct deposit. It’s exactly the same as doing an EFT payment, except you’ll have to go into your bank and physically make your direct deposit there. Please fax through your deposit slip to us on +27 10 020 3300 to ensure your payment is confirmed and order shipped as quickly as possible.
Name of Account: Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd
Bank: Nedbank South Africa
Branch Code: 198765
Account No: 1028939809
Swift Code: NEDSZAJ
Account Type: Cheque
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
UPDATING OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by Resolution Circle (Pty) Ltd for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
Physical Address: Cnr Barry Hertzog Ave & Empire Road, (Entrance on Napier Road) Milpark, Johannesburg. 2092.
PO Box 92 Auckland Park 2006 Gauteng, South Africa Email Address: Info@webview.co.za/resolutioncircle
Phone Numbers: +27 10 020 3300